The cost of your 2 week volunteer trip is $3500. In the name of transparency, this is how we arrived at this figure:-
$1500 pays for accommodation, meals, travel (minus flights), and all guided recreational day activities.
Umkhumbi lodge, who is organizing this side of the trip, has given us a generously discounted price.
$2000 goes directly to Wild Tomorrow Fund's conservation work
Every penny of your donation goes to Wild Tomorrow Fund's work protecting the land, and all the animals on it. There are running costs, such as paying our anti-poaching team and local community laborers, as well as purchasing fencing, releasing animals, and buying basic tools and equipment.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Durban Airport airport
- 11 nights of accommodation at Umkhumbi lodge
- 2 nights of accommodation at the Tented Camp
- Breakfast and evening meal at Umkhumbi lodge
- Packed lunch
- 4 days of guided recreation (includes any park entrance fees)
- Flights to Durban Airport (King Shakka International), South Africa (estimate $1500 - $1700 from the US)
- Spending money
- Personal Insurance
WHEN TO PAY
- We require a $1000 deposit to hold your space. This is payable when you sign the contract.
- The balance of $2500 is payable 6 weeks before deaprture.
CROWDFUNDING YOUR TRIP
Some of you may like to raise the money through donations from friends and family. If that's the case, we will provide you each with a personal crowdfunding page on Crowdrise. It will have all the trip details and an easy way for your contacts to donate.
For those of you that don't need to raise funds, you can pay at any time.